Is that the best you can do?
FIRST TOPIC - BROOKLYN vs. NEW YORK BRANDING:
Don't even waste my time; It's Brooklyn or nothing! Anything other than Brooklyn will be a colossal mistake. A populace of 2.5 million should play second fiddle to no one.
Earlier in the month, NetsDaily.com was all over this naming disaster. Check 'em out.
Picture from NetsDaily
A related article to the possible Name Change Disaster:
By: Ray Gustini
Possible Names For Brooklyn's NBA Team:
Reading around blogs and articles I've come across some names we'll start this list off with;
1) - Brooklyn Ballers (seen on NetsDaily.com)
2) - Brooklyn Knights, Jammers (Traffic Jammers that is..) and Stars
(seen on TheBrooklynPaper.com/comments)
Here are a bunch of names that weren't too hard to come up with!
1) - Brooklyn T~Birds, (ThunderBirds) think "Lords of Flatbush"
1a)-Brooklyn Lords, see "Lords of Flatbush".
2) - Brooklyn Dukes, think the "Duke of Flatbush"...Duke Snider.
3) - Brooklyn Atlantics, They'll be on Atlantic Avenue, throwback to the 1860's Era Baseball Champions.
4) - Brooklyn Kingsmen, think Kings County; Kings H'way is named that for a reason.
5) - Brooklyn Emperors, this is the Empire State...isn't it?
6) - Brooklyn Empires, see Empire State
7) - Brooklyn Rivals, see NY Knicks
8) - Brooklyn Rebels, a name once considered for the Mets.
9) - Brooklyn Nightmares, See "NoLandGrab"
10) - Brooklyn Thrillers, ?
11) - Brooklyn ThunderBolts, the old Coney Island roller coaster.
12) - Brooklyn Continentals, reference to The Battle of Brooklyn.
13) - Brooklyn NETS ~ It works!
14) - Brooklyn Hoops, ?
15) - Brooklyn Cagers, ?
The BROOKLYN TROLLEYS
"NYET"!.... on The BROOKLYN NEW YORKERS?
Construction ~ December 2010
As of ~ DECEMBER 13th
As of December 17th