Scoreboard:Week Three Record: 5-9
Overall Record: 15-25-1
Schmear of the Week: 2-1
Bagels in the Basket: -8
1st and Ten:
- Kansas City and Atlanta are the lone remaining undefeated teams. That would be an intriguing Super Bowl match-up, wouldn't it? Just remember I said that; I will.
- The Los Angeles Rams are first in the NFC West, and lead the NFL in points scored. I wanna know who predicted that. Leave a comment. Green Bay played its fourth game on Thursday and still trail the Rams in points scored.
- Either the Browns or Bengals will finally win their first game of the season.
- Fifteen of 32 NFL teams enter Week Four with two victories; time to thin the herd.
- Game #2 in London, England.
- Odell Beckham Jr. was fined a sum just over $12,000 by the NFL as a result of last Sunday's antics. But does anyone really think he will change as a result?
- In fact, the Giants are depressing me.
- To date, the Giants have scored the second fewest points in the NFL, averaging just 12.3 points per game. That's a lot of punting.
Friday Line ~ NYDN
BUCS -3 (Giants)
I was not at all impressed with the Giants near-win last week. They can't control the ball. The Giants have no shot if Tampa possesses the ball for 37:00 minutes or more.
Loss 25-23 Bucs
Jaguars -3 1/2 (JETS)
What the Jaguars and Jets did last week, respectively, was stunning. The Jets, however, are headed in a different direction, right?
Loss 23-20 Jets ot
Saints -3 (Dolphins) London
I'll take my chances with Drew Brees.
WIN 20-0 Saints
Panthers +9 (PATRIOTS)
That's just too many points. Patriots are giving up yards and points by the bushels, and Cam Newton's funk won't last forever. Panthers should be able to cover. Winning is another issue.
WIN 33-30 Panthers
Rams +6 1/2 (COWBOYS)
This is my stay-away-game of the week. I'm just looking for the Rams to cover.
WIN 35-30 Rams
VIKINGS -2 (Lions)
A late field goal wins this. That's why I like laying two.
Loss 14-7 Lions
Titans -1 1/2 (TEXANS)
Maybe it's just me ... but I think the Titans can blow out the Texans.
Loss 57-14 Texans
Bengals -3 (BROWNS)
The Bengals should be ashamed of themselves ... but they're playing the Browns.
WIN 31-7 Bengals
RAVENS +3 (Steelers)
I need to rethink the Ravens. I really do. I haven't a clue about this game = take the points and cross your fingers.
Loss 26-9 Steelers
FALCONS -8 (Bills)
Falcons are on a mission, remember?
Loss 23-17 Bills
CHARGERS -1 1/2 (Eagles)
Los Angeles hasn't warmed up to their team yet. They might after a win.
Loss 26-24 Eagles
CARDINALS -7 (49ers)
This is the most suspicious line on the entire board. Too many underdogs won last week. Screw those Niners.
Loss 18-15 Cardinals
BRONCOS -2 1/2 (Raiders)
The Raiders will regroup and go on a tear ... after they lose to the Broncos in Denver.
WIN 16-10 Broncos
SEAHAWKS -13 (Colts)
Gut feeling; home; crazy crowd; Colts turnovers will help the Seahawks cover this. I think.
WIN 48-18 Seahawks
Schmear of the Week: (2-1)
Titans -1 1/2
I still got some stuff in the garden. This will be my final harvest of the year for bell pepper, hot pepper, tomato, basil, parsley, arugula, cucumber, and zucchini. Time to rip everything out and plant some garlic. I like saving some green tomato for pickling.
- Hot salsa and a guacamole dip
- Salad of lettuce/arugula/tomato/cucumber/black olive/sprinkle Parmesan cheese/lemon vinaigrette
- Chicken kabobs (peppers, zucchini, onion) with my own tzatziki sauce (cucumbers) over rice
- Stuffed bell pepper > Philly Cheese Style! Thin sliced rib-eye, onions, mushrooms, provolone
Good luck, and have a happy and safe Football Sunday everybody!
Week Four Record: 6-8
Overall Record: 21-33-1
Schmear of the Week: 2-2
Bagels in the Basket: -13