Overall Record: 15-26-1
Schmear of the Week: 1-2
BAGELS in the Basket: -15
- Danny Amendola actually takes a snap from center for the Patriots.
- The Furious Five - Patriots, Ravens, Broncos, Eagles, Vikings
- Back in his second tour of duty with the Eagles, Doug Pederson has the entire NFL doing a double take. The Eagles are 2nd in the NFL in points scored on offense, and have allowed the least points on defense. What?
- Out for the Season - Dez Bryant (DAL), Shane Vereen (NYG), JJ Watt (HOU)
- The NFL extended Dallas' Randy Gregory's suspension for substance abuse to 14 games. No season for you.
- The New York Jets ... no really. For better or worse, punter Lachlan Edwards will be the Jets MVP this Sunday.
Friday Line ~ NYDN
Seahawks -2 1/2 (JETS)
Not because Ryan Fitzpatrick threw six INTs last week ... because the Jets are losing weapons in bunches. Decker, Marshall, Forte ... all compromised.
WIN 27-17 Seahawks
COLTS -2 1/2 (Jaguars)
I really, really, want to pick the Jags. But I'll give the Colts the benefit of the doubt coming off last week's victory over the Chargers.
Loss 30-27 Jaguars
D.C. HOGS -8 (Browns)
I'm laying the points and hoping for the best.
WIN 31-20 Hogs
PATRIOTS -6 (Bills)
What are you looking at me for? I picked against them in the first two weeks and got burned. I know they have yet more QB problems now. The Bills should blow them out..! Whatever... BTW, Sammy Watkins is out for Buffalo. Just saying.
Loss 16-0 Bills
Panthers -3 (FALCONS)
Even with their top receiver back in the fold, the Falcons (at home) are still not the Vikings. Carolina will make that distinction very clear.
Loss 48-33 Falcons
BEARS +3 (Lions)
Picking against the Bears has been working for me. Picking in favor of the Lions, not so much. Detroit is still too banged up on defense. Time to buck a trend.
WIN 17-14 Bears
TEXANS -5 (Titans)
I started the season down on the Texans even before JJ Watt's injury. Can't quite put my finger on the reason why. Last week's Titans loss to Oakland spoke volumes to me.
WIN 27-20 Texans
Raiders +3 1/2 (RAVENS)
It's time these birds lost their first game.
WIN 28-27 Raiders
Broncos -3 (BUCS)
Until the Broncos prove otherwise....
WIN 27-7 Broncos
Cowboys -2 (49ERS)
First Tony Romo ... now Dez Bryant. Yet, I still say the Cowboys pull this one out.
WIN 24-17 Cowboys
CHARGERS -4 (Saints)
The Chargers need to hold on to a lead for a change. The Saints will have to wait at least another week before achieving their first victory.
Loss 35-34 Saints
CARDINALS -8 (Rams)
The Rams have done nothing but piss me off this season. I'm not sure what happened to the Cards last week, but I'm anticipating a major rebound.
Loss 17-13 Rams
Chiefs +5 (STEELERS)
I'm still a little astonished by what the Eagles did to the Steelers last week. Otherwise I like the Chiefs defense ... period.
Loss 43-14 Steelers
SCHMEAR of the WEEK
Seahawks -2 1/2
Good luck, and have a great Football Sunday everybody!
Week Four Record: 7-6
Overall Record: 22-32-1
Schmear of the Week: 2-2
BAGELS in the Basket: -11