Sunday, October 25, 2015

PIGSKIN 2015: Week Seven



PIGSKIN


FOOTBALL SUNDAY
Week Seven

RESULTS

Scoreboard:
Week Six Record: 6-6-1
Overall Record:  44-31-2
Schmear of the Week:  4-2
Bagels in the Basket:  +17

1st and Ten:

The five remaining undefeated teams are: Patriots, Bengals, Broncos, Panthers, and Packers.

The NFL experimented with live streaming this morning's Bills/Jaguars game from London, England, on Yahoo.com, only!  I can only imagine what the NFL is up to.

2nd and Long:

Was that discontent I heard out of Buffalo?

At 2-4, the Texans are the worst 2nd place team in football.  Beware, heads are gonna roll in Houston.

No Gain:

The Giants refuse to seize the NFC East. Last week's loss to the Eagles was their worst effort of the season.  Can they drop the ball against Dallas, again!?  Sure they can, but let's see.

PUNT!

Steve Weatherford signed with the Jets.

WEEK SEVEN
Friday Line ~ NYDN


Bills -4 1/2 (Jaguars) *LONDON
Off The Board  9AM Game.  I woke up late today, but, this is what I would have done.

Jets +9 (PATRIOTS)
Here we go - Todd Bowles' first crack at Belichick's minions.  This Jets head coach does not yet have his mind polluted by all the bad blood flowing between these teams. I'm not sure if that will help or hinder the atmosphere of this game, but I will be keeping my eyes locked on the Jets number one defense versus Tom Brady and Gronk.   I think the Jets will manage a competent running game against Bill Belechick's bend don't break system, which could limit Tom Brady's time on the field.  This is a lot of points.  The Pats win, but the Jets can cover this game, and even win if Ryan Fitzpatrick keeps from throwing INTs.
WIN; 30-23 Patriots

GIANTS -3 1/2 (Cowboys)
I'm almost forced to take the Giants on principle.  If the Giants can't win this game, John Mara will have much to deliberate regarding the future course of this team.  I hope to high heaven Coach McAdoo watched Game One's game film and saw how Rashad Jennings blasted through the Cowboys' soft white underbelly in the 4th quarter, just prior to coughing up a sure victory.  I know the Giants are going pass happy again, but I just hope he saw the tape.  There is no reason whatsoever the Giants should lose to a Dallas team missing Tony Romo and Dez Bryant.  Oh, that's right!  The Giants are the same team that made Kirk Cousins and Sam Bradford look like the NFL's elite.
WIN; 27-20 Giants

RAMS -6 (Browns)
Two of the biggest Jekyll and Hyde teams in the league.  Hell if I know.....
WIN; 24-6 Rams

Steelers +3 (CHIEFS)
The Steelers have remained too resilient not to side with them.
LOSS; 23-13 Chiefs

Texans +4 (DOLPHINS)
I slipped on the Fish last week.  I still say Houston is playing to protect their head coach's job.
LOSS; 44-26 Dolphins

Vikings -2 1/2 (LIONS)
Just because....
WIN; 28-19 Vikings

Falcons -4 (TITANS)
The magic carpet ride continues..
LOSS; 10-7 Falcons

D.C. HOGS -3 (Bucs)
This is purely based on Washington's defense.
LOSS; 31-30 Hogs

Saints +4 1/2 (COLTS)
That play the Colts tried was a fireable offense!  WTF.  Based on that alone, they deserve to get trounced by the Aints.
WIN; 27-21 Saints

CHARGERS -4 (Raiders)
Philip Rivers has the hot hand...
LOSS: 37-29 Raiders

PANTHERS - 3 (EAGLES)
I disrespected the Panthers last week.  I'm sorry guys.
WIN; 27-16 Panthers


Schmear of the Week:
Chargers -4


Guten Appetit:

As you might have guessed, I had little time this week to get my picks done.

Menu?  Don't make me laugh.  Today is Staten Island Mall food court day!  I'm not happy about it!!!!!!!!!!  If the Giants had the 1:00pm game, I would have been in the clear.  BUT, NOOoooooooo!

Good Luck to all of you, and please keep me in mind on this seventh Football Sunday, as I troll around the mall like a freakin idiot, holding my wife's crap while she executes a Tasmanian Devil whirlwind spending spree while matriculating 11 stores in search of nothing in particular.

I think it might finally be time to download...The App.

Till then, wish me luck getting home in time for the Giants game.

Signing off from my phone...


It's 2:38pm.  I made it.  Sorry for this week's rushed, unedited phone version of Pigskin.  I deserve a penalty for delay of game.



Post Game:
Week Seven Record:  6-5
Overall Record:  50-36-2
Schmear of the Week: 4-3
Bagels in the Basket:  +15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.