Week Four Record: 9-4-1
Overall Record: 26-25-3
Schmear of the Week: 4-0 (3x Bagels)
Bagels in the Basket: +10
- Is it me, or have there been more trades this season than usual for the NFL?
- No respect for home teams this week.
Second and Short:
- The AFC East and AFC West are the NFL's top two divisions, with eleven victories. The NFC East is last with only four victories in the entire division.
- Five undefeated teams remain - New England, Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans and Seattle. The Broncos lead the NFL in points scored by a very wide margin over the second place Chicago Bears.
- Heading into Week Five, the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Giants are still winless. Go figure. They join lowly Jacksonville and Tampa Bay as the four remaining teams still without a victory.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the verge of a mutiny. Coach Schiano is making enemies of his players and the owner.
....let's roll some Bagels!
Friday Line - NYDN
GIANTS -2 1/2 (Eagles)
There will be no defense to speak of from either team in this game. I think the GMen will finally win a shoot-out.
Loss; 36-21 Eagles
Chiefs -2 1/2 (TITANS)
Not too crazy about picking against the Titans at home. But this spread left me no choice.
Win; 26-17 Chiefs
Ravens +3 (DOLPHINS)
Baltimore just made a trade to bolster their offensive line. I think Miami gets humbled at home.
Push; 26-23 Ravens
Jaguars +11 1/2 (RAMS)
I'm looking for the Jags to cover this, nothing more.
Loss; 34-20 Rams
Patriots +1 (BENGALS)
Vegas doesn't have much confidence in home teams this week. New England has been far more consistent than the Bengals.
Loss; 13-6 Bengals
Seahawks -3 (COLTS)
The Colts defense will keep this respectable. But this is still like stealing candy from a baby.
Loss; 34-28 Colts
Lions +7 (PACKERS)
I like the Lions to cover this game. Winning is another matter. However, only two teams have put up more points than Detroit.
Loss; 22-9 Packers
Saints pick'em (BEARS)
Drew Brees is only starting to get warmed up. But have you seen what New Orleans has been doing defensively?
Win; 26-18 Saints
CARDINALS +2 (Panthers)
I said it last week - I like when the Cardinals are getting points.
Win; 22-0 Cardinals
Chargers -5 (RAIDERS)
Phillip Rivers likes playing in the Black Hole, but more importantly, he's trying to not let Denver and Kansas City get too far away.
Loss; 27-17 Raiders
Broncos -7 1/2 (COWBOYS)
It's going to smell like toast in Texas this Sunday. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones spent how much on his cornerbacks? Wait till Peyton fires them up.
Loss; 51-48 Broncos
Texans +7 (49ERS)
Great game for Sunday night. Just looking for the Texans to cover. As stated above, there is no respect for home teams this week.
Loss; 34-3 49ers
Schmear of the Week:
That's fifteen Bagels into the oven. Good Luck everybody, and have a Happy Football Sunday!
Week Five Record: 3-8-1
Overall Record: 29-33-4
Schmear of the Week: 4-1
Bagels in the Basket: +1