Friday, September 13, 2013

PIGSKIN 2013 - Football Sunday; Week Two



PIGSKIN
 
 
Football Sunday
WEEK TWO
 
RESULTS: 
  
 
 
SCOREBOARD
 
Week One Results: 6-8-1
Schmear of the Week: 1-0
Bagels in the Basket: net 0
 
 
COIN TOSS
 
One more time for those of you who do not know - I usually post my picks on Friday night.  Each game is worth a Bagel.  I pick a Schmear of the Week worth three Bagels.  Last week I was 6-6-1 heading into the Monday night games, so I have to tell you now - I don't usually do Monday and Thursday night games.  One other thing you should know, which ever way I pick regarding the Cleveland Browns, do yourself a favor and go the other way.  I've been extremely proficient over the last three years at getting Browns games wrong.  Just saying....
 
THIRD AND LONG
 
Most startling defeat of Week One - Pittsburgh.
Most startling victory of Week One - Jets.
 
PUNT
 
Ndamukong Suh was fined $100,000 by the NFL for last week's hit on Minnesota's center John Sullivan.
 
 
Last week I broke even because I hit the Schmear.  Now let's roll some Bagels.
 
 
 
WEEK TWO:
 
 
Broncos -5 (GIANTS)
I'm a Giants fans, so I usually link my weekly posts here.  Check back, got some stuff coming.
Win; 41-23 Broncos
 
 
EAGLES -7 1/2 (Chargers)
Like I said, the Chargers window of opportunity is closing, and the Eagles will hasten that this Sunday.  Should be a good high scoring game though.
Loss; 33-30 Chargers
 
 
RAVENS -6 1/2 (Browns)
Why shouldn't I take the Ravens?
Win; 14-6 Ravens
 
 
TEXANS -9 (Titans)
This is my stay-away game.  I hate this spread.  I'm banking on a touchdown and a late field goal to cover.
Loss; 30-24 Texans
 
 
COLTS -3 (Dolphins)
This doesn't say much about the Colts.  I smell a push.
 Loss; 24-20 Dolphins
 
 
BILLS +3 (Panthers)
If the Bills don't follow up last week's game with a similar effort, I'm off the bandwagon.
Win; 24-23 Bills
 
 
FALCONS -6 1/2 (Rams)
This strikes me as such an obvious pick that it bothers me. There's no way the Rams cover..., right?
Win; 31-24 Falcons
 
 
Redskins +7 (PACKERS)
Oh, the Packers will win.  But the Skins will cover.
Loss; 38-20 Packers
 
 
CHIEFS -2 1/2 (Cowboys)
The 'Boys played just as ugly a game last week as the Giants did.  They benefited from six turnovers and still almost lost.  Coach Andy Reid is licking his chops over this one.  Tony Romo's ribs hurt? Pfft.
Loss; 17-16 Chiefs
 
 
RAIDERS -5 (Jaguars)
Welcome to the Week Two Toilet Bowl.  One team is really bad, and the other is worse.  Take the home team and punt.
Win; 19-9 Raiders
 
 
49ers +3 (SEAHAWKS)
I love this game.  San Fran will bluff with Bolden, and win with an old recipe, Gore and Davis.  Pete Carroll is like the Wile E. Coyote of the NFL.  Otherwise, Seattle is going to be stupid good this season.
Loss; 29-3 Seahawks
 
 
 
Schmear of the Week:
 FALCONS -6 1/2 (Rams)
Win
 
 
 
That's fourteen more Bagels into the oven.
 
Good Luck and Happy Football Sunday everyone!
 
 
POST-GAME:
 
Don't ask me why New Orleans/Tampa - Chicago/Minnesota - and Arizona/Detroit weren't listed.  Total mistake on my part.  That's what happens when you do this on a Friday night.
 
Week Two Record: 5-6
Schmear of the Week: 2-0
Overall Record: 11-14-1
Bagels in the Basket: +2
 
 
 
 
 
Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.