Saturday, October 22, 2011

PIGSKIN ~ Football Sunday; Week Seven




NFL ~ Football Sunday




PIGSKIN  ~  WEEK SEVEN





OVERALL RECORD:  38-40-4

WEEK SIX - 5-6-1
WEEK FIVE - 4-8-0
WEEK FOUR - 8-7-0
WEEK THREE - 7-8-0
WEEK TWO - 10-4-1
WEEK ONE - 4-7-2

SHMEAR of the WEEK:  0-5  *I forgot to make a Week Six Pick.

BAGELS in the BASKET:  -21
Weekly Games = One Bagel Each
SHMEARs = Three Bagels Each



What do I know..?!  Let's get on with Week Seven's picks.

All UPDATES will appear in italics.


WEEK SEVEN  ~  Big Bagel Roll Out:
(FRIDAY'S LINE - NYDN)

*N.Y. Giants - Bye Week - Big Blue Bye-Week Report



Chargers +2 (JETS)
There is only one match-up that matters to me; Mark Sanchez versus Phillip Rivers.  I think Rivers has a better day and Chargers win.
LOSS - 27-21; Jets


Bears -1 (BUCS)  *in London, England
Truth is, I don't like this game.  These two very similar teams will wind up in a grudge match for field position and put on a punting clinic.
WIN - 24-18; Bears


PANTHERS -3 (Redskins)
No Rex Grossman means no win for the Redskins.  It's time for the Skins to fade away.
WIN - 33-20; Panthers


BROWNS -3 (Seahawks)
Welcome to the Week Seven Toilet Bowl.  Who cares.  Of course the Browns get the three points at home.
PUSH - 6-3; Browns


Texans +3 (TITANS)
I smell a push.  The Texans have been floundering a bit lately, but I still think they're a smidge better that the Titans.
WIN - 41-7; Texans



Broncos +1 (DOLPHINS)
Welcome to the Toilet Bowl II.  Miami is one of three remaining teams without a win.  They'll stay that way.
WIN - 18-15; Broncos 


Falcons +3 1/2 (LIONS)
I know I said I would be riding the Lions like a mule this season, but I'm still caught up with waiting for the Falcons to show up this season.
WIN - 23-16; Falcons


RAIDERS -4 1/2 (Chiefs)
Newly acquired Carson Palmer will not start against the Chiefs.  That doesn't mean he won't play.  His arm is ready.  It's just a matter of learning some plays.  I think he'll make his way into the game and actually factor into it.
LOSS - 28-0; Chiefs


Steelers -4 (CARDINALS)
The Steelers are playing like a bunch of sloppy drunks.  If they feel like it, they should beat the Cardinals handily.
WIN - 32-20; Steelers


Rams +13 (COWBOYS)
Jerry Jones wants the Boys to be more aggressive.  Therefore, I'm confident Tony Romo will be turning the ball over time and again against Coach Spag's defense.  Coach Spags knows them too well from his days with the Giants.
LOSS - 34-7; Cowboys


Packers -9 (VIKINGS)
The Vikings have told Donovan McNabb to have a seat.  The Packers will make the Vikings wish they had stayed in bed.
LOSS - 33-27; Packers


SAINTS -14 (Colts)
Who Dat gonna bet against the Saints at home?  The Saints have scored a lot while giving up a ton.  But the Colts won't get much.
WIN - 62-7; Saints



SHMEAR of the WEEK:
Steelers -4
Broncos +1  ....to make up for Week Six.
Two Wins



Post Game:
Week Seven Record:  7-4-1
Overall Record:  45-44-5
SHMEAR of the WEEK:  2-5   Finally!  My first two wins of the season.

NEW BAGEL COUNT:    -13  ...an eight Bagel improvement.



I have 18 Bagels headed into the oven this week.  This can week can either go horribly for me, or get me headed towards the break even point.  These damn SHMEARS are killing me.


Happy Football Sunday everyone!




Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.