Saturday, August 06, 2011

N.Y. METS ~ CITI No Help Against Tomahawk Chaps

From the desk of:  HEAD-BUTTING MR. MET




NEW YORK METS:  Amazin Hopes of Contention Just Got Scalped.


...And then the Braves' lead was nine.


On their return trip home, nothing the Mets brought to Citi Field Friday night was anywhere near capable of reeling-in the Braves a little bit closer in the standings.  The Mets now stand one game away from a double digit deficit in the Wild Card standings.


The Mets are now 22-29 at home and one game under .500 for the season....again.  All they managed were four hits on the night and only three off Tim Hudson over his seven innings pitched.  One run was all the Braves would allow the Mets.  And that directly leads to the matter of another R.A. Dickey quality, but yet again wasted start.  Instead of posting a 5-10 record this season, he should be 10-5 with a little more help.


Be that as it may, finishing this series against the Braves 2-1, or 1-2, doesn't cut it either way.  The Mets needed a sweep in order to be thought of as a credible contender.  Alas, they are not.


Stranger things have happened in baseball; I cede any reader that.  But excuse me if I start changing my tune these days.  I'm officially interested in seeing other things from this Met team that may conflict with trying to win the pennant.  I beg your pardon.


I'll start with Josh Thole.  I want to see him catching every day; - Period!  I want Bobby Parnell put into every closing situation realistically possible.  And I do not want to see Johan Santana pitch for the Mets this season.


Then I need the following question answered;  How the hell is Ike Davis' foot/bone condition absolutely the same after all this time; and how do the Met Doctors explain this one? 


I'm waiting!


Do you think David Wright has nightmares about the dimensions of Citi Field?  It's almost enough to drive a guy crazy.  Or, just out of New York?





Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.