Monday, October 11, 2021

N.Y. Giants: Week Five Angry Take

From the desk: DO IT FOR THE DUKE

WEEK FIVE
Giants        20
COWBOYS  44
FINAL

Dazed and Confused

Let's see ...

I'm the offensive coordinator and already down three wide receivers (Kenny Golladay, Darius Slayton, Sterling Shepard).  In the first quarter, I lose my starting running back (Saquon Barkley), and I'm missing Andrew Thomas, my starting left tackle.  

I know; let me put my quarterback in jeopardy!

The play in which Daniel Jones was hurt was mindless, senseless, ponderous on Jason Garrett's part.  

Third and goal, two tight ends, a fullback, hand it off to Devontae Booker, and the Giants likely score.

But, no ...

Jason Garrett calls for a naked bootleg.  Jones sustains a helmet-to-helmet hit and is driven headfirst into the turf.  When Jones picks himself up off the ground, he's clearly disoriented, foaming at the mouth and wobbly on his legs.  Afterwhich he needed to be carted off the field and did not return.  

I've been saying for five weeks now: Daniel Jones cannot be the team's primary run threat!

I put this all on Jason Garrett.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.