Week Seven Record: 8-3-1
Overall Record: 35-54-2
Schmear of the Week: 4-3
Bagels in the Basket: -18
1st and Ten:
- Bill Parcells would say, you are what your record says you are. For the moment, that would make the Philadelphia Eagles the best team in football.
- There's a case to be made the Rams are better. Just saying ...
- The king of the second chances is at it again; Ndamukong Suh is in trouble again, this time for choking someone on the Ravens.
- Had to do a double-take on this one ... the second place Buffalo Bills traded DT Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville. What a second rate move!
- The San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Indians have yet to win a game. They're not likely to win this week either.
- Aaron Rogers says he'll be back in six weeks. C'mon, man.
- What the hell is Cam Newton's problem?
- Bob McNair, owner of the Texans said, "..we can't have the inmates running the prison." That obviously went over like passing gas in a space suit. C'mon, man.
- There's no doubt that was a dirty hit Miami's Kiko Alonso laid on a sliding Joe Flacco.
Friday Line ~ NYDN
Vikings -9 (Browns) *London
There's a slim chance the Browns can .... no there isn't.
WIN 33-16 Vikings
Falcons -4 1/2 (JETS)
If McCown can stay mistake free, the Jets can keep this close. That's why I'm taking the Falcons.
WIN 25-20 Falcons
SAINTS -9 (Bears)
The Saints won't cough this up like the Panthers did. The Bears just aren't that good.
Loss 20-12 Saints
BUCS -2 (Panthers)
I'm throwing the home team a bone here. Cam Newton is becoming too bipolar for me.
Loss 17-3 Panthers
EAGLES -13 (49ers)
The only thing that can prevent the Eagles from covering this is the Eagles.
WIN 33-10 Eagles
Raiders -3 (BILLS)
Time to jump back on the Raiders bandwagon.
Loss 34-14 Bills
BENGALS -10 (Colts)
The Colts have more problems than a math book.
Loss 24-23 Bengals
PATRIOTS -7 1/2 (Chargers)
Get the impression New England finally got their crap together?
WIN 21-13 Patriots
SEAHAWKS -6 (Texans)
I'm not buying the Texans. Like the Patriots, the Seahawks are just getting started.
Loss 41-38 Seahawks
Cowboys -2 (D.C. HOGS)
As long as Ezekiel Elliott plays, I'll be sticking with the Cowboys.
WIN 33-19 Cowboys
Steelers -3 (LIONS)
S'up with the Lions, man?
WIN 20-15 Steelers
Schmear of the Week:
Early > usual salsa/guac/bruschetta; shrimp tacos!
Late > Beautiful flank steak with chimichurri sauce; yellow rice; avocado; carrots; homemade onion rings; salad.
Good luck, and have a great Football Sunday, everybody!
Week Eight Record: 6-5
Overall Record: 41-59-2
Schmear of the Week: 4-4
Bagels in the Basket: -20