Friday, February 05, 2010

Black History: the Harlem GlobeTrotters


Thirty two years ago this month I went to see the Harlem GlobeTrotters at Madison Square Garden for my 11th birthday.  The memory of that day is as fresh in my memory as the day of the game itself.  I'm thankful to have seen most of the originals: Curly Neal, Meadowlark Lemon, Geese Ausbie, Marques Haynes, Louis Dunbar, Twiggy Sanders and all the others.  Those guys and that show was spectacular!

The
HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS
est. 1927



This is my program from that game.  I keep everything.  I started young.


my 30+ yr old jersey

They come to NYC every February. 
For me personally, it's always been a personal indicator Spring Training is right around the corner.


Thank You Harlem GlobeTrotters
for one of my favorite childhood memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.