Sunday, December 20, 2009

Brooklyn digs out from the snow






One Foot. That's how much snow fell last night. It's nice and serene when it's coming down, although last night was just a little more blizzard like because of the wind. It's the digging out part that's not too fun. If you're home in, I dunno...Green Bay and you're reading this, I hear you laughing at me. That's cool! I almost moved to Florida back in the mid 90s. I can't even explain to you how happy I am I never did. There were many reasons why I didn't move. Nothing necessarily stopped me , per say. One big reason is simply, I love the change of seasons. Autumn is my favorite. I need my four seasons. Another reason is I'm just a major urbanite at heart. My sister lives in FLA. I'm in Florida all the time; I'm very familiar with it. The truth is I just love living in NYC too much. Now this is the one you're going to get a kick out of. One of the biggest reasons why I didn't move, AND I didn't even want to move upstate which for a long time I've toyed with doing, is because of something that happened 10 years ago as of this coming June2010. They put a baseball team in my backyard! The Brooklyn Cyclones of the New York-Penn League were born in 2001 and play in a beautiful park in Coney Island. That ended any notions I had of ever moving from Brooklyn. I've lived in Argentina when I was young for a short time for familial reasons but was back in the States for school. I lived in (West) Germany for 2 years. The point is I've been out of this country and like to get to as many places in this country as I can, money, time and work permitting of course. I say this in all humbleness and in admiration for my little plot in life....I love Brooklyn. I think this is the greatest place in the world. And if The New Jersey Nets basketball team can overcome their legal battles and get their financing issues straight and sucessfully complete their migration to Brooklyn...? FUGhEDuBOUDIT!!!!

Enjoy the pictures.

P.S. I typed up a nice big log about Joba and the Yanks last night for some good HOT STOVE....and hit delete by mistake! Grrrrr! I'll try to get that thought through today. I'm all shovelled out and my wife made some soup. Blog ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.