Wednesday, November 20, 2013

N.Y. Knicks: After Fulfilling The Guarantee, 'Bockers Drop 4th Straight

From the desk of:  DUTCH PANTS CAN'T JUMP


 
I'm sorry, but Red Holzman isn't walking through that door!


NEW YORK KNICKS: What Will Jim Dolan's Band Think About This Latest Loss?

On the heels of an embarrassing loss to the San Antonio Spurs at the Garden, Jimmy Dolan took a relatively small leap of faith and guaranteed his Knicks would defeat the Atlanta Hawks.  On November 13th, they did just that.

The Knicks then went on to lose their next three games consecutively.  Atlanta exacted a measure of revenge, while Houston and Detroit also had their way with them.  There were common motifs weaving their way through New York's streak, some being - They wanted it more; We didn't come to play tonight; The effort wasn't there, etc.

Said Coach Woodson - "I'm not here to teach effort!"

The fans response - "Fire Wood - Son!!"  Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!

My opinion - Firing Mike Woodson would be the worse thing the Knicks can do.  What ails the Knicks is not his doing.  Additionally, firing Woodson just brings us one step closer to Isiah Thomas, doesn't it?

On Wednesday evening, Beno Udrih(!) and the Knickerbockers faced the Indiana Pacers, minus the services of Ray Felton and Amare Stoudemire.  Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks in minutes again, scored 30 points, and pulled down 18 rebounds.  Brilliant.  The Knicks still lost however, by a 103-96 final in overtime to the Pacers.

For the most part, they showed good effort though.  But you almost get the sense that someone, Woodson, someone from the media, anyone, even Dolan, wants Iman Shumpert sized up for set of goat horns after committing a nonsensical foul at a really bad time.  But if the Knicks want to trade him, they won't.

So when will the owner's next irrational outburst come?  After all, the Knicks have now lost six straight games in Dolan's new $1 billion dollar palace this season.    Perhaps, James Dolan can strum a blues tune to convey how he really feels.

Oh, my Knicks lost another game.
Yeah, my Knicks, they lost another game.
Now I need someone to blame,
because my team lost another game.
 
Oh, I can't take it no more.
No, I can't take this losing much more.
My team puts forth no effort on the floor,
and so I can't take this losing anymore.
 
I'm gonna find me another coach.
Yeah, that's what I'll do, I'll find another coach.
I'll stomp this one like a roach,
and go hire me another coach.
 
Bring it on home now!
 
I spent a lot of money on MSG.
But only got a ten year lease from NYC.
Oh momma momma can't you see,
What all this losing has done to me.
 
 


Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.