Tuesday, February 14, 2012

N.Y. Mets ~ Sandy, Sandy, Take My Team..., Please

From the desk of:   HEAD-BUTTING MR. MET








Pack Up the Truck Ma!
It's Time to Head to Florida.



NEW YORK METS:

Eastbound and Down; Loaded up and......Joking?




So our General Manager has jokes , huh?  Hey Shecky, Shecky - Take my Owner..., Please!



He's actually been trying to crack jokes ever since he got here.  Don't lose sight of that.  So the fact that he's tapping into his inner Rodney Dangerfield from his car shouldn't take anyone too far a-back.  It's just that he's perceived as quite the drab one, so his humor doesn't translate too well.  I actually think Twitter has enhanced his humor by keeping his mummy like face isolated from the punchline.



I wonder how the Wilpons are taking all this.  After all, they don't like their players reading the papers in the clubhouse for fear of reading the negative things written about them.  And we know they've always been paranoid about bad publicity in the past.



I'll say this much, this is a side of Sandy Alderson I never expected.  On the one hand I like it.  You know why?  Because it's a lot of the things we say all the time.  But here's the rub.  In light of the team slashing the payroll with a machete, I'm not so sure I appreciate this coming from my General Manager right now.  I hope his dogs enjoy the ride down to Florida though.  And for some reason, I see a speeding ticket in his future.  Karma.



Pitchers and catchers are six days and a wake-up away.  And what we have so far are jokes and a busted owner.  If this is an omen of things to come this season - If the old saying is true, then we still have a chance if  - In Spring, Hope really does Ring Eternal.



This is an interesting way to start Spring Training to say the least.






Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.