Thursday, November 25, 2010

PIGSKIN ~ Thanksgiving Day Picks



I'd like to extend well wishes to everyone and
a Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!

Among the many things I'm thankful for,
I'm additionally thankful to all who ever stopped by and spent time reading my posts
 or just perused through my blog page. 
Your kind words and comments are greatly appreciated.




Pigskin Holiday Picks:
(Wednesday NYDN Line)
I'm +23 Bagels for the season.  Three more Bagels headed into the oven.

Patriots -7 (LIONS)
I know; Never bet against the Lions on Thanksgiving at home.  But I think the Pats can cover the 7 points.  The Patriots have scored the most points in the NFL.  Detroit is scoring points on a pace equal with how many they've given up.  The Pats should be 8 points better.
WIN ~ 45-24 Patriots

Saints -3 1/2 (COWBOYS)
The other home underdog will also lose.  The Cowboys' sloppy play from earlier in the season will rear it's ugly head again when the Saints go marching through Dallas.  Bad habits and poor attitudes just don't go away like "that" in two weeks.  Tomorrow will be a certain step backwards for the Boys.
LOSS ~ 30-27 Saints

Bengals +9 1/2 (JETS)
The Jets have been riding a magic carpet ride the last three games with two O.T. wins and a last minute thriller.  Last week the Jets allowed the Texans to get back into a game they were firmly in control of.  The Defense has left a little to be desired lacking a pass rush.  I know the Bengals can't run the ball well, but they're still scoring points.  I think the Jets will win but I don't see them winning by 10.  There's something in the back of my mind screaming UPSET.  I'm trying to ignore it.  After three nail biters, they are due for a stinker; a real befuddling loss.  Why?  Parity.
LOSS ~ 26-10 Jets


Have a glorious day!


After Game Comments:
* OK  I went 1-2 on the day.  Whatever..  The down-tick drops me to +21 for the season.
* The NFL's top scoring team just tacked on another 45 points today.  The Patriots are now 9-2.
* The Saints almost lost to Reggie Bush!  C'mon!
* The Bengals really suck!  ..and the J-E-T-S are now 9-2....also!
* The next Jets/Pats game is going to be insane!! (WEEK 13)
PIGSKIN WEEK 12 Sunday Bagels will be ready Saturday.




Mike.BTB

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Agreed on New England. They'll cover and put the Lions in their place.

    I like Dallas today. I think things have turned around.

    Agreed on the Jets. They'll win, but won't cover. I LOVE MARK SANCHEZ though!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.