Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bobby Thompson ~ N.Y. Giants

The man who hit
The Shot Heard 'Round the World!
in 1951 vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers;

BOBBY THOMPSON
Member ~ New York Giants B.B.C.

Has passed away at the age of 86.

Thank You Mr. Thompson
for a Baseball Moment
that will live forever.

Ralph Branca
signed my program at a Brooklyn Cyclones game a few years ago.
I had this picture of Bobby and Ralph hanging on my wall for many years.
This would be that autograph; cut out and put into the frame.



My respects to the
Thompson Family

Bobby,
rest well my friend. 


NY Daily News








 
Mike.BTB

4 comments:

  1. I love the new header.

    RIP Bobby Thompson. You had one of the greatest moment in sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lookin out. That home run still makes my head tingle every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:37 AM

    To the Thompson Family my deepest sympathy. I grew up in Brooklyn NY and was a Dodger Fan but my late Dad was a Giant Fan. Yes if you were a baseball fan in that era Bobby's homerun was pretty darn great.

    May G-D protect Bobby's Soul for all eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous ~ I'm sure you have stories people would find fascinating. Maybe at your leisure you can drop a story of those days in my e-mail in-box.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.