Sunday, September 07, 2014

PIGSKIN 2014: Football Sunday ~ Week One



PIGSKIN


FOOTBALL SUNDAY
Week One

Coin Toss: 
  • This week, there's a 50/50 chance I actually know what I'm talking about.
  • The Seattle Seahawks repeat...
1st and 10:
  • There will be no undefeated teams remaining by Week 10.
No Gain:
  • Don't get in an elevator with the commissioner of the NFL.
3rd and Long:
  • How long before Michael Vick replaces Geno Smith as the starting QB of the Jets?
Punt!
  • How much longer will (or can) Daniel Snyder hold out and keep the name REDSKINS in operation?  If you recall, this blog committed to referring to them as the HOGS last season. But, I actually like his defiance.

Here we go...

For the unlearned, I post my Sunday selections on Friday nights/Saturday mornings.  I usually just stick to the Sunday games.  I always use Friday's (NYDN) line.

Bagels are currency here.  Each game is worth one Bagel.  I pick a SCHMEAR of the WEEK that's worth 3 Bagels.

And lastly, I can't pick Browns games.  They haunt me.

That's it.  Consider yourself learned.

WEEK ONE

JETS -5 1/2 (Raiders)
Loss; 19-14 Jets

Saints -3 (FALCONS)
Loss; 37-34 Falcons  O.T.

RAMS -4 (Vikings)
Loss; 34-6 Vikings

Browns +6 1/2 (STEELERS)
WIN; 30-27 Steelers

EAGLES -10 (Jaguars)
WIN; 34-17 Eagles

Bengals +2 1/2 (RAVENS)
WIN; 23-16 Bengals

BEARS -7 (Bills)
Loss; 23-20 Bills  O.T.

TEXANS -3 (*Hogs)
WIN; 17-6 Texans

CHIEFS -4 (Titans)
Loss; 26-10 Titans

Patriots -4 1/2 (DOLPHINS)
Loss; 33-20 Dolphins

Panthers +2 (BUCS)
WIN; 20-14 Panthers

49ers -5 (COWBOYS)
WIN; 28-17 49ers

Colts +7 1/2 (BRONCOS)
WIN; 31-24 Broncos

Monday Night:
Giants @ LIONS
Chargers @ CARDINALS


SCHMEAR of the WEEK:
Saints -3
LOSS


Philly cheese steak and rice stuffed into roasted beefsteak tomatoes, salsa made from stuff in my yard, and home made wine...  What's on your Football Sunday menu?

Good luck, and Happy Football Sunday everyone!


Post-Game:
Week One Record:  7-6
Schmear of the Week:  0-1
Bagels in the Basket:  -2




Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.