Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Road Trips 2016: Bridgeport Bluefish

Red Sox Nation Invasion Part II: First Stop ... Bridgeport, Connecticut




The Ballpark at Habor Yard
HOME of the BLUEFISH
Bridgeport, Connecticut

Just as I hit the New York City line, the idea struck me.  Don't waste Friday.  Maximize it.

I thought to myself ... what cooler way of kicking off the second leg of my great Red Sox Nation Invasion than by making a convenient pit stop at the Ballpark at Harbor Yard?

I've been there before.  But the decision was a natural.  It was on the way, and I could make up time by driving through Hartford instead of sticking with I-95 then I-93 through Boston.

So I did just that, kicking back with a lemonade and some peanuts ... then hitting the road again by 9:30 pm.

Besides, Bridgeport was hosting the Long Island Ducks.  If you follow this blog, you know I'm an Atlantic League fan.  The Ducks and Fish just so happened to be engaged in a tightly contested race for the second half Liberty Division flag.

Ten days later Somerset has reemerged to make it a three team race.  But with a first half pennant already in hand, Long Island is looking to sweep the division.

The biggest reason for my last minute decision, though, was knowing Roger Clemens would be in the house patrolling Bridgeport's first base line.



August 5, 2016


The Bridgeport Bluefish are charter members
of the Atlantic League of Independent Baseball


Final 
Ducks 6 
Fish    2 



Roger Clemens coaching first base for Bluefish









Next Stop:
Manchester, New Hampshire

ICYMI: PART ONE 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.