Friday, October 20, 2017

The Rivalry: Rangers vs. Islanders - Part I

From the desks of:
RAISE GRESCH WITH THE GREATS  and  FIVE FOR FLATBUSH

LOOK WHAT THE ISLANDERS DID TO THE RANGERS, 
AGAIN..!

FINAL
Islanders  4
Rangers    3
S/O

Six games into the season, the Rangers forward lines have raised far more questions than answers.  Part of the reason is because the Rangers are staffed with a preponderance of mediocrity, which in turn leaves Alain Vigneault nowhere closer to stabilizing his forward lines today, than he was in training camp. 

This goes back to what I said - the Rangers are perhaps one of the weakest teams in the NHL up the middle.  I already issued my opening statement regarding that, and the New York Rangers in general.

Think about it ... they picked Adam Cracknell from the scrap pile, and played him on the fourth line two games ago against Pittsburgh.

What does that tell you?

For the moment, the Rangers are in last place, and from what I've seen so far, that's where they belong.  In fact, the Rangers are in the midst of their worst start too the season in my lifetime. 

Thursday night's loss against the Islanders only heightens my displeasure with their present condition.  And Saturday's upcoming game against the Predators will very likely make matters worse.

Just wanted to get that off my chest before breaking out for the weekend.

I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.