Monday, May 09, 2011

N.Y. RANGERS ~ Who's Turn Was It To Watch Glen Sather?!

NEW YORK RANGERS:  Who Let Sather Out Of Their Sights?

The Rangers made a minor trade that has me scratching my head so much I made myself bleed.  And this is what I mean when I say Glen Sather scares me; (as he does us all).  How long exactly have Ranger fans been clamouring for more size?  The answer is decades.  Our current quandary is finding a legit center-man who also possesses size.

Like I said, this is about a low level minor deal.  But a kid Glen Sather went and traded yesterday was 19 years old, 6-foot 2", and 200 pounds; no Goliath by any stretch.  But Ethan Werek, who played last season in Kingston of the Ontario Hockey League and scored 24 goals to go along with 28 assists for 52 points in 47 games was traded to Phoenix for another center; Oscar Lindberg, who is also 19 years old.  However, this kid is only six-feet and 197 pounds.  He only scored 5 goals with 9 assists for 14 points in 41 games last year in the Swedish Elite League.  Werek was selected 47th overall in the 2009 draft.  Lindberg was selected 57th overall in the 2010 draft.

Someone please leave a comment and make me understand this trade.



Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.