Thursday, May 12, 2011

N.Y. METS ~ Rocky Mountain Rain-Out


From the desk of:  HEAD-BUTTING MR. MET

NEW YORK METS:  Postponed;  Foul Weather Shuts Down Mets In Colorado. 


METS LITE:

A rain out today in Colorado?  I'll take it.  It's a good time to jump in some puddles.

For starters..., there are no more starters.  Buffalo is tapped out.  So, no game Wednesday means, theoretically, no one else gets hurt now that Chris Young is most likely done for the season. 

Meh... Whatever we were going to get from him this season would have been gravy.  Now we'll just have to eat our Metropolitan turkey dry now.  Losing Young for a second and more permanent DL stint comes on the heals of losing Henrry Mejia to Tommy John surgery.  Boof Bonser is done for the season too.  And by the way, I don't anticipate Johan Santana being an effective pitcher for us this season and I don't believe we should hasten him back later in the season either

So where are the Mets going to get pitching from?  Dillon Gee is already here.  There's always the French Foreign Legion I suppose.  Pat Misch?  ...please.

On May 5th, the Mets purchased the contract of former MLB pitcher-Brian Sweeney who was kicking around with the Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League.  Sweeney didn't pitch too badly in his Buffalo debut.  Maybe we'll be seeing him soon.  Outside of that, lets just be thankful for now that Citi Field is so cavernous.  What else is there?

Now for the weird.  In a somewhat baffling injury, Ike Davis did something wrong on that pop-up that fell in between David Wright and Ike the other night; the excuse me pop-up no one caught when they collided into each other by the mound.  It seemed harmless enough at the time.  But then we learned David Wright and Ike wouldn't have started this afternoon's game as a result; as a result for needing rest or what...who knows.  But Ike is headed back to N.Y. and inside the tube to see if there is any damage. This injury should turn out to be nothing.  But as I watched the play unfold, I was thinking to myself, "You've got to be kidding me."


I'm not souring on my boy Josh Thole; and I could care less about him Tweeting.  And by the way...about that; - Way to go to all the dumb-asses out there who continually put him on blast on his Twitter account.  Way to blow that one!  But what I'm really thinking is that he may need a few weeks back in Buffalo to straighten out his head, and refine his game a little bit.  He's been going through a rough, if not feeble looking stretch behind the plate lately and his hitting is too sporadic.  There's no doubt I want him back and behind the plate.  But maybe a few weeks till June will do him good.   ...Trust me, he won't be missing many happenings on the Big Club while he's gone.

However, being sent down, I don't believe is really an option right now.  So if what is called for is a strict platoon behind the plate, then so be it.





Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.