Friday, February 11, 2011

N.Y. RANGERS ~ The Battle For A Playoff Spot Has Begun

So Chris Drury is pretty much done huh?  Bye! 

Does this mean Sean Avery will officially get the least amount of ice time now that Drury and Derek (what ever happened to) Boogaard officially won't?  Does anyone even know where Derek Boogaard is anymore?

So who gets the "C" now?!  That's the $7 million dollar question isn't it?
Watch Torts give it to Prospal.  I just know it!  WHY do I sense that?
GRrrrrr!

Let's do this one more time:  Give the C to either Marc Staal or Ryan Callahan.  Then Dubinsky is the A along with whoever isn't Captain.

Remember what I said about Carolina?  Well it's coming true.  They just leapfrogged Atlanta.  And we're next!  And you know what I'm going to say next right?  G'head..take a second and guess.

If we don't get our game together, the Devils are going to keep winning and beat us out for the 8th playoff spot.  How miserable would that be?  I know you feel it too.  Don't lie to yourself like I'm trying to do.

By the way...Congratulations to Jacques LeMaire on his 600th NHL win as a Head Coach!!

But as far as the Rangers moving forward?  Gaborik doesn't seem like he's going to start scoring in bunches for us ever again.  So I don't know how we are going to score.  I don't know who's going to score.  I don't know if we'll ever score on a Power Play again.  I just don't know right now. 

Back in October, we all knew more or less, we'd be battling for the 7th or 8th playoff spot. 
So here we are; in the heat of the battle I guess.  Fight on Boys... in-spite of the zany ways Coach Torts doles out ice-time.  You can start tonight with a win over Atlanta.  And hey, we're pretty good on the road right?  It's at home we can't win a damn game.

...And that was my cranky Pre-Game:  Here's to hoping they don't get me mad.  I'm going to wait and see how tonight's game plays out first, before I apply some actual coherent thought to this.  (All I know is Avery better get AT LEAST 17 minutes tonight).

Game Time is T-minus 15 minutes.  Better lace-em up tight Boys!



TONIGHT

NEW YORK RANGERS
vs.
Atlanta Thrashers

..somewhere down in Georgia


Let's Go Rangers!



Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.