Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Washington D.C. Memorial/Monument to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Riders of the Trolley,

I was asked today to help spread the word regarding the
Dr. Martin Luther King National Memorial/Monument

I was one year old when Dr. King's life was taken.
While I am not African-American myself,  I truely believe I live in a country that is better for having been impacted and affected by Dr. King's vision for all. 
But there is so much more to do and still more to improve upon.

With that in mind, I support the efforts of this individual who has brought today's matter to my attention.
TheBrooklynTrolleyBlogger believes the message of  Dr. King is as fundamentally paramount to the American Citizen as any word professed by any learned American,
from our nation's infancy through our modern day.
Dr. King was taken from us because FEAR and IGNORANCE took action against him.
The crime committed however would be perpetrated by US if we let his message die and allow all his efforts to go to waist.  This is why I agree to help Lowell Dempsey with his request of posting his information on my page.  Lowell, a small request for such a grand figure is my honor. 

TheBrooklynTrolleyBlogger asks merely that you
read the following information. 
The decision to act on the following information must come from you. 
What follows is the e-mail which prompted today's request for your attention:


* * * * * * * * * * *

Hi Mike,

The month of April marks the 42nd anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We are commemorating the life and work of Dr. King by creating a memorial in our nation's capital. The Washington, DC, Martin Luther King, Jr., National Memorial will honor his life and contributions to the world through non violent social change. I'm reaching out to ask if you and your readers would help spread the word by posting about this wonderful project on The Brooklyn Trolley Blogger.

I've put together this blogger-friendly micro-site to help get the message out - there are videos, photos, banners, and even a web toolbar that, when used, donates money to the creation of the memorial:

http://mlkmemorialnews.org/

After years of fund raising, the memorial is now $14 million away from its $120 million goal. This will be more than a monument to a great humanitarian, the National Memorial will be a place for visitors from around the world to share the spirit of love, freedom, and peace. If you are able to post or tweet about this please let me know so I can share it with the team. If you have any questions please pop me an email. And if you are able to help, thank you so much.

Lowell

--

Lowell Dempsey,

BuildTheDream.org

Twitter @mlkmemorial

Facebook.com/MLKNationalMemorial

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity"

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
If the word is right, and just, the word will live forever.
BTB Thanks You.

(Picture: urban art mural from Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.